Go Back   Reno SCCA Discussion Forums > Reno SCCA General > General Club Discussion

General Club Discussion Talk about Reno SCCA in general; including club announcements, social events planning, sizing up and/or psyching-out your opponents, etc.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
jim.gandy
R.I.P.

Car:
Class:

jim.gandy is on a distinguished road
Default Track and Shop Tour set for November 22

We've finally nailed down the schedule of our 2008 Track and Shop Tour. It'll be Saturday, Nov. 22, and it'll start at C&C Automotive Specialties in Sparks at 10 a.m. sharp. From there we'll go out to Reno-Fernley Raceway for road course lapping behind pace car. Then, we'll head to Benson Brothers Racing in Mound House. Like last year, refreshments will be provided in both the morning and the afternoon. It's all priced right for times of economic crisis -- that is, it's FREE! And, non-members and kids are welcome. See the news article on the main page of renoscca.org for more details. Tell your friends!
jim.gandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
S2kreno
Street Prepared

Car: A pretty yellow S2000
Class: none :)

S2kreno is on a distinguished road

Benson Bros had really good food last year. Beer, too!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Braydog
Street Prepared

Car: Yellow Evo 8
Class: SM

Braydog is on a distinguished road

Are you goin along Gina? Think I might show up just because I havent been to a club event the past month or so, and I miss everybody!
Braydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
S2kreno
Street Prepared

Can't. My daughter's birthday. Are you feeling better?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
S2kreno
Street Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydog View Post
Are you goin along Gina? Think I might show up just because I havent been to a club event the past month or so, and I miss everybody!
Need to get hold of you. My boss has a Vaio like mine and hates her Vista. She would like to get XP and make it faster if you are still in business. gpogol@quinstreet.com
Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Braydog
Street Prepared

Car: Yellow Evo 8
Class: SM

Braydog is on a distinguished road

Starting to feel a bit better. Should be back in action by next season I'm hoping. I just sent you an email, then noticed you cant make it on saturday. Just let me know when/where you want to meet up. Not working right now so most of my time is free.
Braydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
jim.gandy
R.I.P.

Car:
Class:

jim.gandy is on a distinguished road
Default big turnout for Track & Shop Tour

We had 82 people in 48 cars for the Track and Shop Tour -- a very big turnout. People just kept coming through the door at C&C!

We had a full hour on the road courses at Reno-Fernley, and we got to sample six different configurations.

Matt and Greg Benson outdid themselves, putting on a great lunch with enough tri-tip and fixings for everyone.

My personal thanks to Dave Capurro, Rusty and Jim at C&C Automotive Specialties, Jeremy and Danny at Reno-Fernley Raceway, the Bensons of Benson Brothers Racing, and Pat Housel (for ably serving as pace car driver for one of our two groups). And thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed a beautiful late-fall day of sports car fun.

I encourage anyone who was there to post their comments. And I hope we see a lot of new faces at our events in 2009! In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
jim.gandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
MattR
Solo Competitor

Car: 2002 BMW M3
Class: 41 FS

MattR is on a distinguished road

Wow! 48 Cars! Awesome.
MattR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
Dave Deborde
Director – Track Events

Car: 77 Nissan Z
Class: GT2 / ITE

Dave Deborde is on a distinguished road
Default Track & Shop Tour

This was the first "Tour" I have been able to attend so I don't have any comparison to previous ones but this one was great. A number of people expressed interest in doing PDX track days with us next year as a result of the tour on Reno-Fernley Raceway and a couple people thought they might like to try Club Trials as well.

Jim graciously expressed well deserved appreciation for C & C, Reno-Fernley Raceway and Benson Brothers participation. I would like to add Jim Gandy to the list of people that deserve our appreciation. Without Jim's initiative and all of his legwork and organization we wouldn't have the Tours.

What a great opportunity to hang out with large group of motoring enthusiasts! Thank You Jim.
Dave Deborde is offline   Reply With Quote