Go Back   Reno SCCA Discussion Forums > Reno SCCA News & Announcements > Road & Tach

Road & Tach Articles from the Reno Region Online Newsletter

Old 09-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
Dave Deborde
Director Track Events

Car: 77 Nissan Z
Class: GT2 / ITE / Unlimited 2

Dave Deborde is on a distinguished road
Default SCCA Board of Directors Election

Current SCCA Area 9 Board of Directors member, Charlie Davis is running for his second and final term on the Board. Charlie has represented us well during his first term and deserves serious consideration for re-election.

Subject: Candidate statement
I have served on SCCA's National Board of Directors, representing Area 9, since late 2016. I joined SCCA in 1978 as
an autocrosser , Pro Rally organizing committee member and road race tech inspector. Since then, I have served on
numerous advisory committees, the Solo Events Board, and spent over 20 years as a San Francisco Region Solo
Steering Committee member, chairing that committee five times. I have also been a roadrace communicator and club
ambassador.
While serving on the Board of Directors, I have been liaison to the Club Racing Board and more recently to the Solo
Events Board and Time Trial Board. Our current Board of Directors has made a lot of progress toward getting a handle
on the financial situation of the club and specifically the Pro Racing portion of the club. I can't take any personal credit
for this progress, as the 13 member Board is truly a collaborative effort along with the Executive Team in Topeka.
Despite the bizarre circumstances of 2020, we are strong, lean and poised for an even brighter future.
Our club structure is a very complicated business model. We are a club with member staffed committees and boards,
and at the same time a business with a paid staff that implements our programs with club members as shareholders. I'm
very proud to have been a part of our search to find a President and CEO several years ago and I am very glad that we
found Mike Cobb to serve in that capacity. When you find someone capable of wearing all the hats that the President of
this club wears, the Board of Directors has to know when to step back and let that person run the show, and have the
confidence that he will do it well. We have that confidence in Mike.
The person who you choose represent San Francisco and Reno Regions needs to be a team player who values all of our
programs equally and the hard work, dedication and contributions of all the members. I believe that I am that person and
I serve the club without conflict of interest. I also believe in continuity, and feel that when an incumbent is representing
the members well, he or she should continue into their second and final term to that end.
Thank you for allowing me to serve our club.
Charlie Davis
SCCA Area 9 Director 2016-2020
Dave Deborde is offline   Reply With Quote