Go Back   Reno SCCA Discussion Forums > Reno SCCA Programs > Track & Trials Discussion

Track & Trials Discussion Discuss the Reno SCCA Track Program, including Track Trials, Club Trials, and PDX events

Old 01-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
stevewaclo
Street Prepared

Car: 1987 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio 2018 Class Champion
Class: ES

stevewaclo is on a distinguished road
Question Maybe a double yellow 😱😱😱

Here’s a sobering video of how things can go sideways (180* ?) on track

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...ard-near-miss/

Fortunately a happy outcome, but those approaching drivers, intent on their line, did not seem to take the single yellow very seriously.

When working the track at Thunder Hill West (on that climbing, then blind turn that quickly goes down hill) I could see a similar event happening there.

I noticed on the tower for that TH turn there was a large unused, deteriorated, perhaps flashable (I claim this new word!) electronic sign.

May I humbly propose our management inquire into why that important driver alert is not functional and when it will be repaired?

During a break in festivities the day I worked, I was cautioned by one of our veteran drivers to be watching not oncoming cars, but over the hill, where I was obviously in an ideal position to observe.

Will also forward this to the usual suspects.

Best