Go Back   Reno SCCA Discussion Forums > Classifieds > Other Stuff

Other Stuff Classifieds for non-car or racing related items; housewares, concert tickets, your old busted lawn mower, etc.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
About Time Racing
Novice

Car:
Class:

About Time Racing is on a distinguished road
Default Rally Car Prep facility_post N. Nevada Rally

Hello Reno Region,
My name is Bret Norgaard, a long time Regional and National SCCA Soloist who has ventured into Stage Rally. I will be competing in the North Nevada Rally on June 21st followed by the Idaho Rally 3-weeks later. The About Time Racing Rally Team is located in San Diego, CA and I am inquiring with you folks for referrals to local Tuner shops or Mitsubishi/Chrysler dealerships that may be interested in offering preparation facilities between the two events. As with the aftermath of any rally, I hope to perform the aforementioned “prep” and not major repairs due to damage from on-stage mishaps.

The event organizers have arranged for vehicle storage but I would like to have facilities available for the car several days before the Idaho Rally so I can take care of the required prep (with my tools). However, I certainly wouldn’t turn down the use of a vehicle lift if available. I plan to offer some promotional options for the accommodating business via on-car representation at both events. There will also be an event write up/blog published on line from the About Time Racing Rally Team and all contributors to the cause will be duly noted. This is a totally open topic for discussion.

If you or anyone you know has some leads, I would really appreciate hearing about them.

Thank you in advance,

Bret Norgaard
San Diego Region SCCA
About Time Racing Rally Team
about-time-racing@sbcglobal.net
bret.norgaard@bilstein.com
About Time Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
solonut
Street Modified

Car: Miata
Class: ES/ST

solonut is on a distinguished road

Bret give C&C... http://www.ccfuelinjection.com/ a call and talk to Dave or Rusty....

Is George Doganis coming up??....you nee to hang around and run at our auto-x the next weekend....Pat
Old 05-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
About Time Racing
Novice

Car:
Class:

About Time Racing is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the lead, Pat. And yes, George and Tom Smith are planning on coming to this event last I heard. George is finishing up repairs to his car after Desert Storm but should be set to go in time. I know George is excited to get back and visit his Alma Mater city. Wish I could stick around for the AutoX. I have a worthy tarmac set up for the Rally car that would be fun to test out.

Thanks,
Bret
About Time Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
AlexR
Street Modified

Car: 05 Subaru STI/ 93 Imp
Class: BS/ RM2 /CRS Perf-Stock

AlexR is on a distinguished road

Guy Light in carson City nevada has a rally prep shop. He's been doing rally cars for 40 years and is highly knowledgeable. he does have a lift, last time i was in his shop he was waiting to get it properly secured, but that was a few months ago so it should be done by then. Good location for the NNV Rally, not so good for Idaho. But he does great work.

Glad to see more rally guys around!! BTW there's a rally cross this weekend down at thunderhill. speeds are MUCH lower and the course is much tighter (just like autox is to track driving) But its fun. good practice for communication with navigator, good way to find any lil lingering bugs with your car. (i discovered i have some steering rack issues this way)

(775) 882-2535 guy lights number

Last edited by AlexR; 05-14-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added phone number
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote