Reno SCCA Discussion Forums

Reno SCCA Discussion Forums (//www.renoscca.org/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (//www.renoscca.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Meeting Wednesday, April 4th (//www.renoscca.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2599)

dsmith 04-02-2018 10:50 AM

Meeting Wednesday, April 4th

Our April general membership meeting will be this coming Wednesday, April 4th at Mimi's Cafe in Reno, starting at 6:45 pm. We will be discussing the upcoming Solo weekend at the Hard Rock Hotel and how we'll be running it and if the weather will be a problem or if we have to cancel-postpone, along with other items.

See you there.

Don

heavyfuel 04-05-2018 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Meeting Notes are attached. Two big things got done:

1. Postponed the first Solo event until 14 and 15 April
2. Changed fees for Track events - fees are lower, take a look!

MJinCP 04-06-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyfuel (Post 17104)
Meeting Notes are attached. Two big things got done:

2. Changed fees for Track events - fees are lower, take a look!

:banana:

Good move. 3/11 was my first event with the chapter, and honestly, I did have a bit of hesitation because of the cost vs. track time. The nature of the event really won it over for me, though. I enjoyed the competitive edge that the event had. Definitely coming back for more. Also a big factor for me, the people involved in the event were just outstanding. I've been around enough events to know that is not always the case.

sperry 04-16-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJinCP (Post 17106)
:banana:

Good move. 3/11 was my first event with the chapter, and honestly, I did have a bit of hesitation because of the cost vs. track time. The nature of the event really won it over for me, though. I enjoyed the competitive edge that the event had. Definitely coming back for more. Also a big factor for me, the people involved in the event were just outstanding. I've been around enough events to know that is not always the case.

Just as a reference/food-for-thought...

At $30/event, autocross costs about $6/minute for track time (assuming 5, 1-minute runs), plus you have to work a few hours.

At $200/event, PDX/HPDE costs about $2.50/minute for track time (assuming 4, 20-minute sessions).

So, cost vs. track time, the race track wins hands down... it's the large up front expense that stings. Three track events cost about the same as a 20 round autocross season... so 10 weekends, vs. three days. Frankly, I don't have 10 free weekends anyway! :lol: In fact, I wish I was even making 3 track events per season. :(

MJinCP 04-16-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperry (Post 17125)
Just as a reference/food-for-thought...

At $30/event, autocross costs about $6/minute for track time (assuming 5, 1-minute runs), plus you have to work a few hours.

At $200/event, PDX/HPDE costs about $2.50/minute for track time (assuming 4, 20-minute sessions).

So, cost vs. track time, the race track wins hands down... it's the large up front expense that stings. Three track events cost about the same as a 20 round autocross season... so 10 weekends, vs. three days. Frankly, I don't have 10 free weekends anyway! :lol: In fact, I wish I was even making 3 track events per season. :(

I should have clarified. My comment on cost vs. track time was in reference to track days I usually run with NCRC at Thunderhill East. $169 for 5 20-25 minute sessions.

sperry 04-16-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJinCP (Post 17126)
I should have clarified. My comment on cost vs. track time was in reference to track days I usually run with NCRC at Thunderhill East. $169 for 5 20-25 minute sessions.

That makes more sense.

Do they run weekend events? That's a really good price for a weekend.

MPREZIV 04-16-2018 08:45 PM

Yeah dude, there's a few groups out there that are KILLING it with ~$150 track days. At minimum 80 minutes of track time per day, instructors offered, and weekend events as well. ..